Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy
It is recognised that every child will develop in their own unique way and the diversity of development is to be welcomed. A child has special educational needs if he or she has learning difficulties which call for special educational provision to be made. Teachers and parents/carers are partners in the child’s development and it is essential that there is close liaison when a child has particular requirements.
- To ensure and facilitate the growth and development of children with special needs within a supportive and caring environment, thus ensuring their entitlement to full access to the subjects of the Foundation Stage/National Curriculum.
- To focus at all times on supporting the pupils learning within the mainstream classroom wherever possible.
- To develop the maximum potential of the individual.
- To ensure collaboration with relevant professional support agencies, parents and governors where applicable.
- To involve pupils with SEND in the planning and assessing of their targets.